3/13 #SOL18 A Feeling of Luxury

The Clover and the Bee

Sitting across the table from two of my friends, I thoroughly examine the menu.
Breakfast or lunch? Hmmm...
I weigh my options carefully. On one hand, their breakfast items look enticing (Cold Smoked Salmon, Stone Ground Grits, Pearl Sugar Bubble Waffle...). But their lunch items look equally delicious (Burrata Sandwich with lemon, pine nuts, and charred broccoli pesto, Smoked Flank Steak with warm potato salad, kale, casesar, asiago...).
As I look around, I see tables full of people. Moms and daughters, clusters of friends, coworkers, and more, all engaged in conversations. The walls are dressed with a beautiful floral mural while green velvet cushions line the perimeter of the room providing a cozy and inviting place to sit. In my head I'm thinking, this is what it is like to "lunch".
My typical lunch is spent sitting in a teacher's lounge (one of 19 I visit) or in my office. These lunches are fun, don't get me wrong, but they are very different than this lunch.  
I go back to perusing the menu. The discussion of cocktails comes up. That mimosa with cold pressed juice looks delicious. 
I decide to go for it. I am, after all, on Spring Break. 
The drinks come and I eventually select my meal, Pastrami with fonduta, yellow mustard and pickle, on seeded rye.
On a typical day, my lunch break would already be over.

This is a luxurious feeling indeed. 

Comments

  1. Wow! An "adult" lunch! Enjoy the true pleasures of life on spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing better than a real world lunch that doesn't have to be eaten in 25 minutes. And the mimosa is the best part!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a meal fit for a queen! I loved all the description. I'm reading stories to my daughter tonight to lull her to sleep. This one just made us both hungry, now we want lunch and breakfast! Thanks for the delectable slice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How decadent. Savor your Spring Break...AND that sandwich! I love your last line--it's so true!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not even 6 am and I'm drooling as I read your descriptions. I'm so glad you're enjoying the luxury of a relaxing and delicious lunch, and hope your break is just as delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment