3/12 #SOL18 There's Just Something About a Freshly Made Bed



I found myself in a rut tonight...stuck with nothing notable to write about. This is the result:

Fitted sheet tightly wrapped around the mattress. The struggle to get the fourth corner on and under the bed paid off nicely with a smooth base layer. Flat sheet tucked in at one end and smoothly pressed against its fitted partner. My hand swept over the top ensuring that any extra fabric was distributed equally on each side. Blanket placed perfectly in the middle adding a layer of warmth and texture. The herringbone pattern hits the head of the bed with a perpendicular jab. The satiny edge of the flat sheet is folded over the top edge stopping the blow. Comforter fluffed and gently placed over the layers. Each edge is carefully tucked and placed so that no excess hangs over the rails. Pillows slipped into sweet smelling cases, doubled up at the head of the bed. Decorative pillows are ever so carefully placed on top creating a sense of comfort and dimension. 
I can't wait to get in that freshly made bed tonight.

Comments

  1. This post is delightful. It makes me want to go wash my sheets, or better yet, jump in your bed! Your descriptions are spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. I don't make my bed nearly often enough... summer is better for sure for that for me... but I wish I did! this slice is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing description with a perfect mental image. Is it bad to say that it instantly reminded me of when I was a motel housekeeper during college? We were specifically trained in how to make a bed, but it certainly would have been more convincing if you had written the policy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing quite like the freshly made bed. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job sticking with it and finding something to write about! I can truly appreciate this slice and its wonderful detail. Making the bed with line-dried sheets is one of my great summer pleasures, and last year I wrote a poem comparing my husband making our bed to a love letter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment