3/6 #SOL18 I made it to 2:31...

I Made it to 2:31...
Before someone spoiled The Bachelor for me!


So I knew before coming into work today that I had a nearly impossible task on my hands:

Making it through the day with no one spoiling The Bachelor Finale for me.

I know, I know, you're making all kinds of judgements now like, For real, The Bachelor? How old are you? Does anyone still watch that show? No one waits until the finale to find out who won...you've heard of Reality Steve, right?

I get it. It's like a sickness. I just. can't. stop. watching. Plus one of my best friends and I have a long standing tradition of watching this ridiculous show independently then coming together for the finale. 

But this year she couldn't watch on Monday night. So we pushed it to tonight (which kind of worked out in our favor because it's a TWO NIGHT finale --> even I'm questioning my sanity). 

I knew that getting through the day was going to be tough. Between the social media storm that always occurs after a finale and The Bachelor viewers that share an office with me, I thought I'd have to spend my day with headphones and blinders on.

Miraculously, I was able to have a conversation with an office mate about The Bachelor with no spoilers being brought to my attention. I sailed easily through the day balancing work discussions with a lighthearted lunch conversation. I really thought I was in the clear.

Then my teammate that sits opposite of me, Kristen, came along. She asked, "Did you watch The Bachelor?"

My eyes grew wide and my hand went up in the air, "I'm saving it for tonight so we can talk in generalities, but no spoilers allowed!"

As we proceeded to talk, our conversation, although vague, became more in depth. We were talking about the final two when she used the name of the winner (I can't even bring myself to say it out loud) in conversation. 

"Wait. What? Did you just tell me the winner?" I asked in complete shock.

"You didn't know?" Kristen responded with a surprised look on her face, "You were talking like you knew everything that happened! I just figured you knew who he chose!" 

"No! I am just really good at speaking "Bachelor" lingo. Most dramatic season ever! Journey! Fantasy Suite! Amazing! The hardest decision I've ever had to make! Love of my life!  See?" I replied still in shock.

After a really good laugh, we got back to work. I am still trying to block out our conversation.

 So that's it. I now know who won (but did she really?). BUT, I refuse to even utter her name until I congregate with my friend and we watch it all revealed in no less than 5 hours of recorded TV. Thank goodness for DVRs!

Lesson learned. Never will I set myself up for such an impossible task again. 

Comments

  1. This is a fun slice. I really like how your asides inject humor into the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a near impossible task! really enjoyed reading this fun slice! Keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't watch any of it, but I did enjoy reading others' tweets about it last night. Thanks for sharing your fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please forgive me...I haven't watched the finale yet. I started reading but had to quit because I didn't know if there were going to be spoiler. I have avoided all TV tonight because I didn't want to know...I will check in again later to finish reading your post. I'm thinking that it will be the most dramatic conclusion EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also an embarrassed Bachelor fan. Why DO we watch it? And I swore I wouldn't watch the second ending on Tuesday, but guess where I was at 7:00? Hope you enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment