3/29 #SOL18 Dear Sleep



Dear Sleep,

You are one of my favorite things in my life. You give me energy to do my job, help me be a better mom and wife, and make me look a little younger and more refreshed when I get enough of you. However, I seem to be struggling to spend enough time with you these days. 

You see, my teething toddler has decided to start waking me up in the middle of the night again. I really don't want to end the thing we've got going when he begins to cry, but as all moms know, there is no ignoring a crying child (now Dads on the other hand...that's a different story). 

Then there's my mile long to-do list that keeps getting in the way. I have been trying to meet up with you earlier each night, but the dang laundry just keeps piling up and we are down to just a few carrot sticks and some leftover mac and cheese in the fridge. I've got to go to the store sometime. The family is about to revolt.

Speaking of the rest of my lovely family, my husband -you know him well because he can ignore any sounds from our children when he's catching some z's- is a snorer. I'm not talking a cute little grunt here and there, it's a full on chainsaw massacre. It's really been making me late for all of our time together each night! And my other children, the sweet little girls, they like to wake up extra early on the two days a week I can sleep in, aka the weekend, and end the thing we've got going way before I'd ever like it to.

So you see, sleep, I really do love you. There are just too many factors getting in the way of us having a truly symbiotic relationship. I'm not giving up hope though. I'm pretty sure this summer, with a little more time on my hands, some earplugs, and a little sleep training for my kids, we will be reunited. 

Best,
Stacey

Comments

  1. Oh man. I can relate to this and my son is just 9 months. Hang in there. It all seems to come in waves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! I hope sleep finds you soon, but if not, summer is only, umm, ok, well, not that far away...?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love epistolary posts and yours is such a clever take on your relationship with Sleep. Well done! Only one more slice to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all of your encouragement throughout this whole process Molly! I appreciate all of your support!

      Delete

Post a Comment