3/28 #SOL18 Eggcessiveness On the way!

So here we are, almost to Easter, which means many things. But one thing my kids always want to do is to dye Easter eggs. This is fine with me...mostly. 

I mean, it is fun. Kind of.

The dye (mess), sparkles (mess), strange plastic sleeves that involve hairdryers (tricky), stickers, foil, string, etc. It's all a bit much. 

And what comes of all of this work? Egg salad, deviled eggs, and lots of variations of these two things. 

And who eats these things? Mostly me and sometimes my husband. So I feel like I am buried under a pile of eggs for days. By the time it's over, I don't want to see another egg for at least a good six weeks (and I am an egg fan). 

Oh, and don't forget about the peeling. You're lucky if the shell slides right off. But this happens far and few between batches of eggs. I end up with the eggs whose pieces come off one. tiny. painful. bit. at a time. By the time I'm done with the process, my eggs look more like golf balls than slick, white, edible orbs. 

So here I am, getting mentally prepared for this whole process. It'll be fun, right?

Comments

  1. Your post made me laugh out loud. My boys are grown now, but we had many of these egg dying sessions! Mess, mess, and more mess! And me eating eggs for weeks and weeks and weeks afterwards. And I don't even like eggs that much! Don't ask me why, then, I almost put an egg dying kit into the grocery cart today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how about the lovely smell of vinegar? Oh for a nickel for every one of those tiny chips of egg shell. This post was delightful--I loved the title too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember the last time I dyed eggs, but reading your post, it all came flooding back. In a wave of vinegar-scented nostalgia! Thanks for the trip down memory line. Great title!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment