3/27 #SOL18 A River Runs Through It

And by "it" I mean my basement.

Missouri was passed over by all of the snowstorms this year. What is not passing us by is rain. Don't get me wrong, I like and appreciate rain. It brings beautiful new life in the spring. But this rain, rain that is steady and continues for days, is not on my top ten list. The number one reason why is that our basement leaks (and by leaks I mean a small river runs through it). 

We moved into our almost-100-year-old house less than a year ago. The previous owners told us that the basement did not leak for them <insert eye roll here>. We found out how NOT true that was the first major rain we had. Luckily we learned from that experience and are careful in what we put in that part of the basement. 

My husband is a former home builder and can do lots of handy things. He plans on fixing the leaky problem once the weather gets a little warmer. I am so grateful for that.

Until then, I'll be the one in the boat sailing over to my washer and dryer. 

Comments

  1. OMG. I didn't mean to laugh when I read "And by "it" I mean my basement" but I couldn't help myself. I had a house like that once and know what it is like to have to negotiate the narrow passages of dry in a basement of wet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up in south Louisiana, I can identify and sympathy. Few basements (you hit the water table just digging post holes) but much flooding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We moved a little over a year ago, too-- greetings from my centenarian house to yours, and my deepest sympathies. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in a 200+ year old home and can relate. We have a small river channel through the basement. I'm hopeful that our newly installed gutters will help us avoid this in the future! Luckily, the washer and dryer are upstairs. Love how you crafted your title and your beginning line!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment