3/20 #SOL18 Goodbye Winter, Hello Spring!

As we say goodbye to winter and hello to another spring, I am filled with a mixed bag of emotions. Some of these emotions are ones that have always been there, others seem to be coming more often as my family and I grow older. Either way, I have to remind myself of all the fun and possibilities of what the future will bring instead of getting too caught up in the nostalgia of times that have passed.

It's you again, time flying,
School days passing, 
summer almost here.

Well hello there, warm breezes, 
days getting longer,
spring fever sets in.

You're back again, children growing,
new adventures,
getting so big.

I didn't expect you, apprehension,
of another season ending, 
time just slow down.

Who are you, mixed emotions, 
of what has passed,
and what is to come.

Welcome Spring, a new beginning,
choose to look forward,
see the possibility.







Comments

  1. Time really is flying and leaving us wondering what's next. It's the struggle between being excited for what is ahead and mourning what is past. Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great poem. I understand all too well that feeling of wanting to stop clocks. I think this stanza might be my favorite: I didn't expect you, apprehension,
    of another season ending,
    time just slow down."
    Mixed feelings, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment