3/15 #SOL18 Failed Life Goal


I have this life goal that no matter how hard I try to achieve it, I fail. As I sit here right now, I know I am on the path to failure with this goal. To SO many people, it seems like something that would be easy to achieve. I agree with them! 
But no matter how hard I try, getting to bed by 10 does. not. happen. 
That's it. That's all. That is one of my life goals. Getting to bed by 10. 
The struggle is real. 
I've tried. Hard. 
There have been nights where I bust my hump to get home, get dinner on the table, get the kids situated with activities, homework, and bedtimes, complete my work tasks and personal tasks and hop in bed by 10. But even at that, when I manage to slip into my sheets at my goal time, my brain does not shut off until 11 or after.
Even on the days that I throw in the towel, order dinner, skip over any work, and try to wind down so I can go to sleep, I still can't make my 10 o'clock goal.
I love sleep. I love to sleep in (which hasn't happened since I had kids, however).  I love my bed. I don't get to get enough of any of those things. It's a problem. 
So here I am, 24 minutes away from my goal bedtime. I am going to go ahead and admit that I am not making it tonight. Again. But maybe I can make a small step in the right direction. Tonight I will be in bed by at least 10:55. 
I think I can meet that goal. 

Comments

  1. I admire your goal. I know that one of these days you will make it! Actually, after reading your to-do list for every evening/night, I'm impressed that you make it to bed by midnight. See how well you are doing?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might seem that your goal is easy to achieve, but in reality it is not. It is not when you are a working mother. There is always so much to do in so little time. Maybe your goal is too ambitious... instead of trying to make this goal every night, see if you can make it at least two days a week. If you do celebrate it! Strive for progress not perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading this post and your valiant efforts to reach the goal. Maybe working backwards 5 minutes earlier each week might be the way to rewire your bedtime. If this doesn't work, give it up and embrace the 11 o'clock bedtime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a growth mindset. I say keep trying! You can do it. Your modified goal for today made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pre-kids did you ever get to bed by 10? I wonder if you're just wired for nights--an owl vs. a lark. Good luck with your goal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment