3/11 #SOL18 It's Amazing What You Can Find in a Backpack


A few minutes ago I decided that I would clean out my first grade daughter's backpack. I try to do this periodically because she is so good at hoarding small things (paper, old snacks, trinkets from friends, random items of clothing, mysterious wet things) if I did not the bag would weigh more than her. As you may have predicted, tonight I found an incredulous list of things:
  • three gloves
  • two individual stickers
  • two full pages of stickers
  • a journal set
  • a bag of crayons
  • 15 pieces of paper ("artwork"...I clear at least 5 of these out of her folder each night. The kid loves to draw)
  • A small plastic container with a mysterious brown substance in it (that went straight in the trash)
  • a plastic snack container
  • three rocks
  • a homemade outfit for her stuffed animal
  • a bookmark
  • an old Valentine
  • a book from the library (Chicka Chicka Boom Boom- nice selection)
  • her folder
  • 5 pieces of jewelry
  • a Shopkins doll
  • One hair clip
  • One piece of origami
As you can see, this was a necessary process. 

...On the other hand, if I let her backpack fill up for a while and we are faced with a zombie apocalypse, this bag will be one of the first things that I will grab. It can provide food, entertainment, extra clothing, and plenty of items I can MacGyver if need be.   


Comments

  1. Heeheehee - she can team up with my grade 5 son and they can survive anything the world throws at them - as long as we haven't cleaned out their backpacks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thoroughly entertained by the list of items in your daughter's backpack and by your asides. Love that final line and isn't it reassuring to have an established plan for facing the zombie apocalypse?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment