3/1 #SOL18 There's a first time for everything

My First Ever Blog Post

I have to admit that joining the Slice of life Challenge this year has given me a bit of anxiety. I have been thinking about blogging for a while now but just hadn't had the push to really make it happen. But after some encouragement from Sarah Valter, a teacher and "slicer" that I met at the Write to Learn Conference, I decided to give it a go.  What better way to get in the habit of writing than doing it for 31 days straight? But still my head has been swimming with questions:

What if I don't make it all 31 days?

Am I going to remember to blog over spring break and on the weekends?

Should I set an alarm to remind me to write?

What if I have nothing to post?

What if  I am not that good of a writer?

What will people think of what I write?

But I just decided to rip the band-aid off and do it. What's the worst that could happen. Right? 

Here's to hopefully a month of writing!

Comments

  1. Welcome! This is my seventh year with this community and I still ask those questions on March 1st every year. Rest assured that most of us do! So with that said, keep the band aide off and rub some dirt in there! More than once I had to jump out of bed because I forgot to post something and often had to look around my house for a piece of furniture I could write about because nothing else was working for a topic. Stay with it and by the end you will wonder how you will do without it. Good for you! What's the worst that could happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm another return slicer (four years) who asks similar questions. I'm so glad you decided to give it a try. It really is a wonderful experience--In fact, I give the challenge credit for kickstarting my writing life. The more you write, the more you will find to write about. This is such a supportive community! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacey, I'm so glad you decided to take the plunge and start your blog! I'm looking forward to reading your posts all month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment