3/4 #SOL18 Laundry

Laundry


As I sit here writing this post, there is a basket of laundry sitting directly across from me. Clean, dry, and awaiting its return to the drawers and closets where it spends most of its time. There are also two baskets in my bedroom, a pile in the basement in line for the wash, and a load tumbling in the dryer.

Last week I wrote a post about a birthday and referred to time as that thing that can sneak up on you like nothing else can. But today I beg to differ with that statement. Laundry can also sneak up on you like that. I swear I just went through this whole shebang last week. 

I guess the alternative would be to let the piles grow, have the baskets swell until they hit maximum capacity, and have to form pathways to get from one room to the next. 

But I like order too much for that to happen. 

So I guess it's back to loading, unloading, folding, and hanging. Unless a laundry fairy shows up tonight while I'm sleeping and completes it all for me.

I think I'll put a dirty sock under my pillow and hope for the best.

Comments

  1. Does that work? A dirty sock? I'm, for sure, trying that because I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this slice! I love how you connected it to your thoughts on birthdays and how you incorporated your sense of humor. Dirty sock under the pillow--now there's an idea! lol We talk a lot about household fairies around here--My husband,for example, is a firm believer in the dish fairy. Much to my disgust, he continually expresses surprise about how that fairy seems to go missing whenever I travel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment