3/26 #SOL18 Storage Almost Full

Storage Almost Full
You can manage your storage in settings

Ugh...this message has been the bane of my existence for the past couple of months. 

It all started around December. I was peacefully taking some pictures of the kids decorating the tree when BAM, "Storage Almost Full" popped up. This was terrible timing! There were so many pictures to take with the holidays. I moved fast and uploaded my pictures and videos to my external hard drive. I also made sure my pictures were on Shutterfly so I could maybe one day create all of the photo books that I have promised myself that I would make.  I removed close to 400 pictures from my phone and several videos. I should be good for a while, right? WRONG, it bought me a minimal amount of extra space.

So I try again, soon after, when that dreaded message abruptly appears on my screen again as I try to take a (what I am sure would have been an amazingly cute) picture of my kids. 

Dang it!

I try again to remove hundreds of pictures and many videos to only free up a minimal amount of space. It is absolutely maddening!

I am sure you can tell from this that I am not the most tech savvy person and my phone must have a very small amount of storage on it. You are correct on both accounts. But even after talking to an amazing support person from Apple, I still am playing this storage tug of war with my darn phone!

I have greatly reduced my pictures, have minimal apps, frequently delete large text strands and attachments, and still find myself in this predicament.

Bottom line is, I need a new phone. My husband even has a different phone I could have with at least triple the storage on it but I am holding off on taking it because I like my phone (aside from this whole storage debacle)!

So here I am, with a full phone, unable to take pictures or open most apps. In the grand scheme of things it is incredibly trivial. But it's my life. I will just keep playing this game of tug of war until I raise the white flag and take my husband's (old, black) phone, or buy myself a new one with MUCH more storage!

Comments

  1. How COMPLETELY coincidental! I am currently in the process of uploading all of my pictures from my phone. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep getting that on my iPad and I don't even have any photos on it! I agree it is annoying. I totally get you not wanting a new phone. I actually cracked my screen a year ago. About six months ago I decided it bugged me so I bought a new phone. Within two days I returned the new phone and moved back to my phone with the cracked screen--because I LIKE it! Ugh. Technology...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire how you took the frustration of that repeating message and found a slice in it! There are ideas everywhere and this is one that way too many of us can relate to, all too well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment