3/16 #SOL18 Girls' Day

Today was "Girls' Day". 
What that means is that today my oldest daughter started her spring break adventure and I pulled my middle daughter out of preschool for an official day to ourselves. No baby Max. No Dad. Just Us.

We decided to go to The City Museum.  The factors that played into this decision were that it was forecasted to rain, the girls are a good age to sustain such a place, and Max would be well taken care of at "Miss Jen's".

When I say that they are both a good age to sustain such a place, it is because The City Museum is not any museum. It is like a giant industrial playground where you teeter between excitement and terror at every turn. 

There are mysterious caves to explore, endless shoots and ladders to climb and descend, creatures asking you to climb inside their wide open mouths like Jonah and the whale, and a plethora of  interesting nooks and crannies to explore.

We ran, climbed, played, crawled, slid, hopped, and jumped all morning. It was pretty amazing. 

My favorite parts were the moments when we were talking, laughing, holding hands, just the three of us. Just girls. Just enjoying being together.

I know that this will be a day that perhaps the girls will remember, but maybe they won't. But I hope they do because I will.

I can only hope that as they become tweens, teens, and adults, that we will still have 'girls' days'. There is something special between moms and daughters. I feel so lucky to be able to experience it. 

Comments

  1. They are the days the kids will remember! It sounds like a really cool place. My boys would love this city museum. Where is it? Reminds me of Maggie Daley Park but indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live in Saint Louis. If you live around here or ever come in for a visit, it is a must do!

      Delete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! I HAVE BEEN THERE! St. Louis holds such a dear place in my heart! It too was a Mother-Daughter moment. Out of all the posts I could have opened to comment on, your writing brings tears to my eyes, such a coincidental happening. Thank you for sharing your words about The City Museum. As my daughter heads back to college tomorrow, you've inspired another slice for me. Thank you:) Enjoy those mother-daughter moments!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your title, I was hoping you'd be writing about this City Museum! One of the craziest and most amazing places I have ever been to. Despite my fear of heights, I made it onto every outdoor slide! I am sure your girls will treasure this memory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like quite a place based on what you wrote and on the comments. How fun for you and your daughters that you were able to enjoy a special day together. Even if the specific memory doesn't last for them, the bonds that you nurtured will.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment