3/18 #SOL18 Buying an Angel Wing

My childhood best friend just recently lost her little sister. It was a shock to everyone, especially her family. Not only was this a great loss for her, she also recently lost her father to cancer. So within a year's time, she lost two of the most important people in her life. I have no idea how she and her brother are staying strong through all of this and I can't even imagine being her mom. 

This friend is very near and dear to my heart, although we have not lived in the same town since I was 11. We kept in very close contact over our middle and high school years. But as we entered adulthood our visits slowed down and so did our calls. But when we do talk, it's like we never left off. 

The funeral was kept very small and private so I did not fly to be with her. But I have searched for something I could give her besides flowers. What I have settled on is a simple bracelet that she can wear, or not. But if she chooses to I hope she is reminded of her sister and all of those that love her.


slice of life_individual

Comments

Post a Comment